Friday, April 6, 2012

Belle Cake

My oldest daughter turned 3 a few weeks ago and we celebrated her birthday with a Beauty and the Beast party! 

I've recently discovered digital scrapbooking and came across a site that has free kits to download. I let my daughter pick out the kit she wanted and she went with the Energy kit! I loved it! I knew it'd go really well with Belle and it had a ton of colors in it! I searched the internet for a good site with Disney clip-art. I found some really stellar ones! I've pinned them onto my Fun Stuff board.
I made her invite first. She picked out the Belle she wanted and I did the rest! Here is the final design!



I think it turned out great! I worked really hard on it! I'm still new to digi-scrapbooking, but I've come a long way! I even made cupcake toppers using the same software! They were a hit!

I broke down a bought a Wilton Dress Cake Mold and used it to have a trial run for the Belle cake. It turned out great, but I needed more batter to make the dress fuller. The cake was easy to decorate. I'm not sure what tip number I used, but I used a medium size petal tip. Here's my amazing "how-to" that I made in paint!

 I used a toothpick for step 2!

This is how the cake turned out! I used frosting to make her top. I just piped frosting onto her body and smoothed it out with my finger dipped in water. I replaced the doll pick that came in the dress mold kit with Belle's head from another doll. (You can see that the skin tone is different.) After the party, I simply switched the heads back and gave my daughter her new Belle doll to play with! The cake was super easy to make!


I made 24 pink cupcakes with "sparkles" on top per the Birthday Girl's request! They turned out really well and the party was a hit!







I had a lot of fun creating everything for my daughter's party! I'll be creating some Little Mermaid stuff for my next daughter's birthday in May!

Happy Digital Scrapbooking/Baking/Frosting/Creating,

5 comments:

  1. Hi Carie, first of all - WOW that Belle cake is stunning! Your daughter is a very lucky little girl :D I struggled enough today making a chocolate cake, slapping malty icing over it and smothering it in malteasers for my eldests 15th.

    I just wanted to stop by and say thank you for welcoming me to my new blog - I was a bit worried I'd be talking to myself over there :P I know what you mean about giveaways, I used to do so much comping but stopped entering many blog giveaways just because I really couldn't be bothered with all the requirements - like I say, lazy ;)

    Thanks again.

    Carmen x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've contemplated just not entering any giveaways that force me to plaster all their requirements all over my facebook, pinterest, and twitter! Unless I really, really like what they are giving away!

      I'll be following you on your new blog and going back to your old one to steal some ideas! You are super, super talented!

      From one lazy person to another, thank you for taking the time to check out my blog! It's still new, and I'm still new to all of this, but I'll get the hang of it someday!

      Thank you!

      Carie <3

      Delete
  2. *Blush blush* Thank you for the compliment, I don't feel super talented, I feel a complete newb and definite beginner most of the time.

    As for your blog being new, I never would have known, it looks so professional. And I never would have found you if you hadn't stopped by mine first so thank you again :)

    Carmen x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a question about this cake, so is this a belle doll from the Disney store? you just stuck her legs and all into the cake? thanks so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is actually the doll that came in the Wilton Cake Dress Mold kit. I popped off the doll's head and replaced it with Belle's head from a different doll. The skin tone was different, but no one even noticed! After the party, I just switched the heads back and let my daughter have her new Belle doll!

      Delete