Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Mini Pancakes

One breakfast that my children go gaga for is pancakes. I LOVE making pancakes in fun shapes and colors. There is never a regular shaped pancake in my kitchen... until recently. With the amount of pancake mix my family goes through, we buy a big bag from the Industrial Size aisle at our Walmart. The pancakes are delicious and super easy to make. I usually make my kids fun shapes, then I am forced with the task of slicing them up into bite size pieces. A few weeks ago, I had had enough of it. I decided to do something I should have thought of 1,000,000 pancakes ago! Make them mini-sized!


They are super simple to make, super fast, and super convenient! They are already bite sized, so I don't have to cut them up! The girls giggled the entire time they ate each small pancake! The recipe and how-to is as simple as can be! You will need:
  • Complete Pancake Mix
  • Water
  • Griddle
  • Spatula
  • Maple Syrup
Mix the pancake mix and water in a bowl according to package directions. Pour into a squeeze bottle (I used a funnel to pour the mix into an old cleaned out ketchup bottle). Heat griddle on medium heat setting, but make sure it doesn't get too hot when cooking. When griddle is hot, turn down heat and squirt a small amount of batter onto the griddle in a small circle.


By the time I squirted the last pancake, the first was ready to be flipped over. Flip the pancakes over one-by-one until they are all turned over.


Remove from heat onto a plate when cooked the complete way through.


Stack and serve with warm maple syrup! Enjoy!


Happy Cooking,

No comments:

Post a Comment